Text by Haylie and Eugenio
Places where children are safe from mines are places that have been cleared out from mines or never had any mines. Places like your house, school, library, a park, etc. You may find mines in destroyed or abandoned buildings, fields outside of the city, and forests.
If you are going on a picnic or other activity that might be near a minefield, there are lots of important ways to stay safe.
- Get a mine field map to make sure which areas are safe and which aren’t.
- Never play close to minefields.
- Stay on the path and never go into unknown areas.
- Never touch anything that isn’t yours.
- Never let other go in minefield areas you know of.